ASHFIELD SCHOOL MISSION
Using research based strategies, formative assessments, targeted interventions and differentiated instruction in response to data, students will engage in rigorous lessons using the latest technology and innovation.
ASHFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL VISION
All students will be proficient in ELA, Math and Science as evidenced by PARCC and we will continue to push our students to advanced standing in these areas.
Ashfield Middle School Offers:
- A safe learning environment that promotes academic excellence and social well being for all students grades six to eight.
- A comprehensive education that includes: a wide variety of technology including individual student tablets to enhance learning, content literacy initiatives, common core standards in all classes.
- Participation in the Mayor's Youth Summit, City Wide Spelling Bee and Science Fair, New England Math League, Peer Mediation, Empower Yourself and City-Lab.
- A supportive and responsive environment inclusive of a diverse population of learners.
- A rigorous, standards-based curriculum designed to prepare students for success in high school and on state mandated testing.
- Highly educated and enthusiastic faculty who strive to improve instruction on a daily basis.
- Integrated classroom technology including Promethean boards, document cameras and state of the art computer programs to enhance instruction.
- Extracurricular activities which include sports, intramural programs, student council, peer leaders, band, chorus, drama club and a school newspaper.